It is a simple Scripture, but Brother Branham built his whole ministry around Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. If we are true believers, then every day, we should expect to see the same works that Jesus performed 2,000 years ago.

There is always an excited anticipation for service at the Branham Tabernacle. Sunday morning was like it has been lately, with a couple hundred smiling faces forming a line outside the Youth Center an hour or so before the doors are opened. We fellowship with the people next to us in line, and every once in a while, a brother or sister can’t handle the anticipation and starts a round of applause to the Lord. The anticipation grows when the doors open, and we walk to our seats. Yes, there are plenty of chairs for everyone, but it’s a special blessing for us to get there early and fellowship outside with our little portion of the Bride of Christ in Jeffersonville.

We enter into the sanctuary to Brother Branham singing Gospel Hymns. Once most people are seated, a recording of soft piano music comes across the speakers. About 15 minutes before service, the piano and organ players take their positions and begin to play songs of worship. By the time Brother Joseph and Brother Samuel take the platform, most of us have been worshipping for at least 45 minutes and you can almost cut the anticipation with a knife. We are all prepared and ready to welcome our Lord Jesus into our midst.

There are no “normal” services at the Tabernacle. We don’t know what the Lord is going to do, but we do know He will have a special blessing for everyone present. This morning, He gave all 800 people something that we want to share with the whole world.

We were singing a song and taking up the offering, when there was a bit of commotion on the left side of the congregation. Sister Beth Campbell, a nurse, looked to her left and noticed that an elderly brother named James Jackson had been slumped in his chair for some time. She looked closely and saw that this was a very serious situation. She informed a brother named Isaac Toy sitting in front of her, and he contacted a nearby deacon named John Wahl. Brothers Matthew Golden (a medical doctor) and Adam Evans (an experienced paramedic) quickly made their way to the far-left part of the audience. Both had serious looks on their faces as they attended to Brother James. The brother’s face was gray, his eyes were open and fixed, his mouth was open, there was a wet spot on his shirt from drool, his body was limp; the man had obviously been dead for some time.

The audience remained very calm, softly humming the song, while a number of brothers prayed for him. We knew that there was nothing to fear. Jesus Christ promised that He would be there if we are gathered in His Name, and there was no doubt that He was in the congregation with us.

Here are the testimonies of Brother Isaac Toy, Brother Adam Evans, Dr. Matthew Golden, and Brother James Jackson:

Brother Adam Evans

My name is Adam Evans and this is my account of what happened Sunday morning, November 8, 2015. I spent 13 years of my life in the fire department and left the field to work for the Voice of God in 2008. I spent 10 of those 13 years as a certified emergency paramedic, and about 7 years as a fire captain. During that time I saw many sick people, and unfortunately many dead or dying people. A paramedic is typically the highest trained pre-hospital care provider. Only experienced EMTs are eligible to apply for paramedic school, and once they are accepted, the schooling is usually about 14 months of intense training.

Sunday morning, not long after service started, we were singing and out of the corner of my eye I saw a commotion. When I looked over, one of the deacons was motioning for me to come over and help. I could tell that it was something serious by the look on his face.

Only about 25 feet from where I was, I saw a good friend, Dr. Matt Golden, standing up behind an elderly brother who was unconscious. Brother James was slumped in his chair, and Brother Matt was holding his head up. There were brothers kneeled around him, praying. I went to the front of Brother James and saw that his eyes were fixed and not reactive. He was very cool and moist to the touch. I knew that it wasn’t good. I stood up and turned around and looked to the platform. Brother Joseph was behind the pulpit, but he had not yet noticed the problem. I motioned to a deacon to get Brother Joseph and turned back around to help our brother.

Brother Matt had his hands around Brother James’s head and jaw area, like he was holding his head up while searching for a pulse. He said that he needed to keep his airway open, and that he couldn’t feel a pulse. I put my fingers on Brother James’s neck and searched for a pulse also. I was not at all surprised when I did not find one. I then checked Brother James’s wrist for a pulse, and I found nothing. The amount of saliva on his shirt would indicate to me that he had been in that condition for some time. When the muscles relax in death, there is no way for your body to retain fluids and they come out. His facial muscles relaxed, causing the drooling.

Brother James was still in his chair. I unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his bare chest. At this point, I was absolutely certain that he had died, but I was also certain that he wouldn’t remain that way. I had it on my mind that I needed to make for sure that he had no pulse or any other sign of life. I knew that I would be asked about it in the future, and I needed to know for sure that my testimony would be accurate. I put both of my bare hands on his bare chest. I was feeling for any movement at all. By this time, many minutes had passed since the people around him noticed the problem. I felt his chest for any subtle breath, any pulsing, anything. He was cold, pale, moist, and completely still.

I kept my hands on his chest, feeling for any movement and thinking on what we should do next, when I felt Brother Joseph’s hand underneath mine. I knew that Brother Joseph and the entire church were praying when I felt Brother James’ chest rise just the slightest bit. I wasn’t sure if I had imagined it or not, so I brought my face up to his face and heard a very shallow breath.

Brother Matt was still holding Brother James’ head up, and I spoke into his ear. I said, “He is breathing.” Brother Matt said, “I know.”

I got back down into a kneeling position in front of Brother James and next to Brother Joseph. I looked at Brother Joseph, and told him that he was breathing now. Brother Joseph looked as though he was looking right through me and didn’t say anything. I asked Brother Joseph if he wanted us to take Brother James outside. Brother Joseph looked at me for a second or two longer and said, “Yes, take him out.”

Once we were outside, I asked Brother John Wahl to call 911. Brother James slowly started coming around. By the time the ambulance arrived, Brother James was answering simple questions. At one point I asked him how old he was, and he raises his hand and replied, “Praise The Lord!” I knew that he was going to be fine.

God bless you,

Adam Evans

Dr. Matthew Golden

I count it a privilege and an honor to write to you today under these circumstances. Just to be a part of God's Bride, there are no words to express my heart. I specifically want to relate what exactly happened on the morning of Sunday, November 8, 2015 at the YF Youth Center.

I was sitting in the front left of the building, on about the 4th to 5th row next to Brother Isaac Toy and his family. Brother James Jackson was on the row just behind us, on the far left side. Brother Isaac's wife motioned for my attention during about the third song into the service. I quickly noticed that our brother was slumped in his chair. I immediately ran to him and tried to wake him up. I noticed he was cold and not breathing. He had no radial pulse or carotid pulse, and I could not elicit any response from him.

I have seen this many times in the hospital, and to the best of my expertise, he had no signs of life. I stood behind him and immediately lifted his chin to open his airway. I rubbed his trachea, and he had no response. I put my hand on his carotid artery, and he had no pulse. By this time, Brother Adam Evans was in front of the brother, assisting us. We unbuttoned his shirt to assess for breathing. I immediately thought, in my training, that this man needs CPR or a miracle.

By this time several brothers had gathered around to lay their hands on our brother. We prayed. I then noticed Brother Joseph had laid his hand under Brother Adam's hand, on his upper stomach and lower chest, over his heart. It was at this time I felt the brother move his trachea as if he swallowed, and then he took in a breath. He then started breathing, slowly at first, but he was moving air. I kept my hand on his neck and a pulse slowly returned, weak at first but stronger by the beat. We carried the brother out of the side of the building and he started getting stronger. I continued to support his head as we carried him where the ambulance could meet us.

By the time we reached the front of the building, he was supporting his own head and nodding to questions. He slowly started speaking. At this time the ambulance arrived and he was answering questions. I decided that I should ride with him in the ambulance and find out everything that happened.

By the time we reached the hospital, brother James was praising God with his hands in the air. The EMTs could barely check his vitals due to his praising God. At the emergency room I stayed with him through every test. I personally saw his EKG as normal for his age. His head CT was also normal. All of his labs were also normal. The only abnormality I saw was that his body temperature was 94 degrees, measured by two different ways. By the time I left the hospital, it was also normal.

In my professional opinion, our brother was dead and now he is alive. In my heart, I believe that this is none other than Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. I proclaim this and believe this with all that I am. We have witnessed God in our midst once again. May God bless you by reading this testimony. I have done my very best to express everything that I witnessed.

In Him,

Matthew Golden, MD

Board Certified in General Surgery

Brother James may have been gone well before service started. He was sitting on the end of a row and next to the wall, so his position was easily overlooked. Brother Isaac Toy, sitting in front of him, noticed what sounded like a short snore in the quietness before service. This was probably about when the brother’s heart stopped. He did not stand at any time when the rest of the congregation stood after service began, which lasted 25 minutes before he was discovered. His heart started beating about 5 minutes after he was discovered. 

Brother James says that he has no memory of what happened. The last thing he remembers is walking into the auditorium, taking his seat, and listening to Brother Branham sing Gospel Hymns, which stops playing at least 30 minutes before service begins. Best estimates are that he was dead between 15 and 60 minutes before help came. When he arrived at the hospital, his vital signs were normal for a man his age, except for one thing: his body temperature was about 94 degrees, about four degrees less than it should be. A body temperature that low could indicate that he was gone for 60 minutes or possibly more. 

Two thousand years ago, a group of people witnessed the Lord Jesus call Lazarus from the grave. About 50 years ago, on June 23, 1963, Jesus again showed His power in front of a large crowd when Brother Way had a massive heart attack and died during service. We all know that testimony also. Then, on Sunday, November 8, 2015, 800 believers in Jeffersonville joined together in prayer and saw the same Lord Jesus raise up Brother James Jackson.

A brother was called on to pray at the close of service and he said, "Lord, there is nothing left to say... What do You have in store for us next?"

Take him out in a certain place, have a ceremony before Angels, and place him positionally what he is in the body of Christ. Then that person has the authority. Let me say this, if you count me a fanatic from this night on. That very same thing that I'm speaking of will be done. There'll be a power put into the Church, and now is coming in, that the Holy Spirit will so anoint the people, till they'll speak the Word and It'll create Itself right there. We haven't seen powers like's coming into the Church now. I know it for a fact.

"Say unto this mountain be moved. Don't doubt in your heart, but believe that what you've said shall come to pass, you can have what you have said": the placing of the Church in position, where the fulness of the power of the Holy Ghost comes into the Church. Then critics' mouths will be shut. It'll be a short time. Jesus come right off the mountain, went straight to Calvary. Notice, it won't last long, but it'll be here.

60-0313 Hear Ye Him