On Wednesday evening, February 16, a series of explosions shook a Tanzanian military base at Dar es Salaam, in Eastern Tanzania. Apparently, the explosions came from munitions stockpiles, located near a residential area, which resulted in hundreds of injuries and at least 23 deaths. It is not clear at this time why the bombs detonated.

There are many believers in this part of Tanzania, all of which are safe and unharmed. When the bombs started exploding, the believers came together in prayer and made sure each was safe. We received this report from a brother who witnessed the explosions.

I greet you in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ,

Wednesday evening of 16th February, 2011, the bomb explosion rocked Gongolamboto Military camp, Dar es salaam Tanzania, at around 6:30pm and turmoil spread in all three nearby wards: Kivule, Kitunda, Chanika and Banana resulting to closure of Dar es Salaam International Airport.

Several people were injured and admitted at different hospitals, others gathered at National Stadium. Several houses were damaged due to enormous bomb explosion.

The first bomb exploded at around 6:30pm and we thought it was either robbers at work or just a thunder. We continued with our business as usual. To make things worse, another exploded extraordinarily, and everyone there knew it was the end of the world.

People were advised to stay 30 kilometers away from the area. Soldiers in full combat, carrying red cloths on their hands, were also seen directing people to go down whenever it explodes.

There are believers in Gongolamboto where the bomb exploded, and our church building is also in Banana just about 10-15 kilometers from that military camp. There are many believers who come to worship there every week from different areas, but none of the church members live in the affected area (just nearby the church).

After bomb exploded there was no communication. We could not find any brother or sister because their mobile phones were not reachable, but we thank God that after the bomb exploded many believers in that area gathered together in the church and start praying and asking Jesus to calm the storm as He did in Mk.4:35-41.

After the prayer, all believers departed away from that area, seeking refuge to the houses of other believers who are not living in that area. They walked by foot through the night for about 30-50 kilometers.

On the next day, we came to find that many people were seriously injured and some dead, houses and many buildings were damaged, BUT we thank God that not any believer was injured or dead, even the believer’s houses and properties were not damaged. All brothers and sisters are safe with their families. Our church building is also safe, not damaged, and every believer has returned back to their home. We THANK GOD.

Truly we have seen the Hand of God protecting his people; we have seen the power of prayer as the prophet said, “Prayer is the most powerful weapon that was ever put in the--the control of human beings. There's no atomic bomb, or no hydrogen bomb as powerful as prayer.” (Expectation 61-0207)

Thanks be to God
Your brother from Tanzania

(We will be unable to respond if you send this message anonymously.)